- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Raceday Information
- Learn to Win: Arlington University & More
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- News & Videos
- Trackside OTB
Arlington’s Fall Trackside Parlor Tour Returns with Handicapping Seminars, Contests
Three Las Vegas Trips, and More, to be Awarded this Fall, 2012
Arlington Park has finalized plans to offer a Fall, 2012, Off-Track Betting Parlor Tour featuring free handicapping seminars and free handicapping contests. The Tour will take place on three Saturdays in November and December.
This fall’s Tour combines the most popular elements of past Tours, with an added plus. Here are the principal aspects.
* Three individual Tour stops, one each at three designated Arlington Trackside parlor facilities.
* A free, pre-race handicapping seminar at each Tour stop, presented by this correspondent.
* A free handicapping contest at each Tour stop with each contest being ‘free standing,’ not a qualifier into a final contest.
* The top prize for each contest is a trip to Las Vegas to play in the 2013 Coast Casinos Horse Player World Series (HWS).
* New for this Tour: the first prize winner has the option of accepting the Vegas trip OR $1,500!
* Also new for this Tour: beginning bankroll will be $100.
* Also new for this Tour: a minimum of only one wager is now required.
* Prize money will be paid to the second, third, and fourth finishers each Saturday, as follows: $250, $100, $50.
Each contest is free to enter, no entry fee. The contestant simply exchanges $100 for a contest wagering card, a special plastic voucher, that is used to make contest wagers.
The basic requirements are to make a minimum of $100 in wagers on a minimum of one race at Thoroughbred racetracks of the player’s choice between 11:00 AM and 6:30 PM Chicago time. All types of wagers are acceptable. Players can make more than one wager, and one can bet more than $100 if they are ahead for the day. There is a limit of two entries in any one contest.
The first prize of a trip to Las Vegas to play in the HWS includes a paid entry into the HWS and hotel accommodations ($1,500 value), and a $350 travel voucher. At the HWS contestants will play for a first prize estimated to be $300,000 Prize money was paid down to the 60th finisher at the 2012 HWS.
Following is the schedule for the Fall, 2012, Trackside Tour:
* Saturday, November 17: Trackside Rockford - Shooter’s in Don Carter Lanes
* Saturday, December 1: Trackside Arlington Park
* Saturday, December 15: Trackside Hodgkins - Salerno-Pincente Ristorante
For more information, including a map with directions, menus, and more for any Arlington Trackside parlor simply click here and then click on the specific location.
To read the news release issued by Arlington Park, click here.
For a complete set of rules for the Fall, 2012, Trackside Tour, click here.
To learn more about the HWS visit Coast Casinos’ web site. Simply click here.
To learn how past Arlington Parlor Tour winners did it, so you can get an edge on your competition this fall, click here to be taken to my McMannis Blog then scroll down and read their stories.
For more information on Arlington’s new Eliminator handicapping contests, click here.
Questions? Simply email this correspondent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have six chances, two at each designated Trackside parlor, to win the Vegas Trip and an entry into a national tournament with big prize money! Or, take $1,500 instead! But you can’t win it unless you get in it! See you at the parlors!
M. Scott McMannis
- Handicapping Seminar and Contest Host, Arlington Park
- Midwest Correspondent, The HorsePlayer Magazine
- Owner and Publisher, The McMannis Speed Figure & Trip Note Service Newsletter,
- Arlington Trainer Patterns, and
- Hawthorne Trainer Patterns