- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Program Changes
- Night School
- Arlington University
- Track Maintenance
- How to Wager
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Handicapping Contests & Seminars
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- Track Specifications
- Trackside OTB
Arlington Fall Series of Handicapping Contests Begins October 22, 2011
Similar to, But Not the Same as, Past Series
For the past three years Arlington Park has been offering spring and fall series of handicapping seminars and contests during Arlington’s off-season. This fall will be no exception as Arlington has scheduled five qualifying contests leading up to the series finals on December 10.
Each series has been built with some experimentation in terns of schedules, prize structures, rules, and the like. Therefore, potential contestants are urged to familiarize themselves with each series, and the upcoming series is no exception.
Here are the major elements of this fall’s series:
* There are six Saturday contests, each at a specific Arlington OTB.
* Each contest is free to enter and requires a $50 starting bankroll.
* A minimum of $50 in wagers must be made on a minimum of five races.
* All Thoroughbred tracks running that day can be played.
* The top five finishers each qualifying Saturday earn prize money.
* The top ten finishers each qualifying Saturday go to the finals.
* The top prize in the finals is an expense-paid trip to Las Vegas to play in the
Coast Casinos Horse Player World Series (HWS) next February.
The finals on December 10 will feature a pre-race seminar by this correspondent, focusing on Hawthorne races since most Arlington race fans also follow Hawthorne. The seminar will be preceded by another seminar on what to expect when going to the HWS, an orientation to help HWS contestants be better prepared for the experience. You do not have to be in the finals to attend the pre-race seminars, so put December 10 on your calendar now.
Here are the locations for the fall, 2011, series of handicapping contests:
* 10/22: Trackside Arlington Park
* 10/29: Trackside Waukegan
* 11/12: Trackside Villa Park
* 11/19: Trackside Rockford
* 12/3: Trackside Lockport
* 12/10: Trackside Arlington Park (Finals)
For more information, click here.
We want to send you to Las Vegas, but you can’t win if you don’t get in.
M. Scott McMannis
- Handicapping Seminar and Contest Host, Arlington Park
- Expert Selections Handicapper, arlingtonpark.com
- Midwest Correspondent, The HorsePlayer Magazine
- Owner and Publisher, The McMannis Speed Figure & Trip Note Service Newsletter,
- And Arlington and Hawthorne Trainer Patterns