- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Raceday Information
- Learn to Win: Arlington University & More
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- News & Videos
- Trackside OTB
Arlington Park’s Trackside Parlor Tour Returns for 2012 with Handicapping Seminars, Contests
Three Las Vegas Trips, and More, to be Awarded in April
Arlington Park has finalized plans to offer a Spring, 2012, Off-Track Betting Parlor Tour featuring free handicapping seminars and handicapping contests. The Tour will take place on three Saturdays in April.
This year’s Tour combines the most popular elements of past Tours, with an added plus for a second-place prize. Here are the principal aspects.
* Three individual Tour stops, one each at three designated Arlington Trackside parlor facilities.
* A free handicapping seminar at each Tour stop, presented by this correspondent.
* A free handicapping contest at each Tour stop with each contest being ‘free standing,’ not a qualifier into a final contest.
* The top prize for each contest is a trip to Las Vegas to play in the 2013 Coast Casinos Horse Player World Series (HWS).
* Second prize for each contest is an entry into the TwinSpires.com Online Handicapping Championship (TSOHC) on November 24, 2012.
* Third and fourth finishers win prize money.
Each contest is free to enter, no entry fee. The contestant simply exchanges $50 for a contest wagering card, a special plastic voucher, that is used to make contest wagers.
The basic requirements are to make a minimum of $50 in wagers on a minimum of five races at Thoroughbred racetracks of the player’s choice between 11:00 AM and 6:30 PM Chicago time. All types of wagers are acceptable. Players can make more than five wagers, and one can bet more than $50 if they are ahead for the day. There is a limit of two entries in any one contest.
The first prize of a trip to Las Vegas to play in the HWS includes a paid entry into the HWS ($1,500 value), hotel accommodations, and a $350 travel voucher. At the HWS contestants will play for a first prize estimated to be $300,000, and prize money estimated to be paid down through the 60th finisher.
The second prize of an entry into the TSOHC is worth $1,000. In the TSOHC contestants will play for trips to Las Vegas to not only play in the HWS, but also to play in the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship (NHC) where the top prize is a minimum $750,000.
Following is the schedule for the Spring, 2012, Trackside Tour:
* Saturday, April 7: Trackside Villa Park – Tavern on North
* Saturday, April 14: Trackside McHenry – Nicolino’s Fine Italian Restaurant
* Saturday, April 28: Trackside South Elgin – Stanley’s Ale House and Restaurant
For more information, including a map with directions, menus, and more for any Arlington Trackside parlor simply click here and then click on the specific location.
To read the official news release issued by Arlington Park click here.
For a complete set of rules for the Spring, 2012, Trackside Tour click here.
To learn more about the HWS visit Coast Casinos’ web site. Simply click here.
To learn more about the TSOHC click: http://www.twinspires.com/content/tsohs2012.
To learn how past Arlington Parlor Tour winners did it, so you can get an edge on your competition this spring, go back to the opening page of my blog and scroll down to read their stories. Or, click here to be taken to McMannis Blog.
Questions? Simply email this correspondent at email@example.com.
You have six chances, two at each designated Trackside parlor, to win an entry into two different national tournaments with big prize money! But you can’t win it unless you get in it! See you at the parlors!
M. Scott McMannis
- Handicapping Seminar and Contest Host, Arlington Park
- Expert Selections Handicapper, arlingtonpark.com
- Midwest Correspondent, The HorsePlayer Magazine
- Owner and Publisher, The McMannis Speed Figure & Trip Note Service Newsletter,
- Arlington Trainer Patterns, and Hawthorne Trainer Patterns