2014 Million Event Timeline
Monday, August 11
o No live racing
Tuesday, August 12
o No live racing
o Homestretch for Heroes 5K Run - 6:30 p.m.
- You won’t want to miss this unique and exciting race!
- This course takes you through the grounds of Arlington International Racecourse and finishes your last 1/2 mile on the actual racetrack. Experience the polytrack surface, rolled and packed for runners.
- The race will be called by John Dooley and there will be a live call to post as the Starting gates open (race begins) at twilight, 6:30 PM.
- Finishers, see yourself on the Jumbotron!
- "Win", "Place", and "Show" awards will be presented to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Male and Female overall finishers in the "Winners Circle".
DON'T DELAY! FIRST 500 GET A COOL "RACING SILK" TECH SHIRT! CHECK IT OUT HERE!
Wednesday, August 13
o No live racing
o Post Position Draw for Arlington Million, Beverly D., Secretariat Stakes & American St. Leger - Noon at WGN-TV studios, 2501 W. Bradley Place, Chicago. Invitation only.
Thursday, August 14 - Value Day/Seniors Day
o $6 Admission for Adults
o $4 Admission for Military (Current Military issued ID required)
o $4 Admission for Seniors 55 and older
o Free Grandstand seating in sections A, H, and I
o Senior's special in Million Room
o $5.99 Value Meal special in Cobey's Food Court
Friday, August 17
o Gates open at 1:00 p.m.
o Post time - 3:00 p.m.
o It's Miller Lite Party in the Park Concert Series featuring a live band on the main band stage from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This Friday, Rod Tuffcurls & The Bench Press will rock the stage!
Food & Beverage Specials include:
$1 Mini Dog
$1 Mini Burger
$1 Beef Taco
$1Mini Pulled Pork
$3 16 oz. MillerCoors Drafts in The Park & Mr. D's Sports Bar
o Gates open at 10:30 a.m.
o Post time - 12:30 p.m.
o The signature event of the racing season is the Grade I Arlington Million at a mile and a quarter on the turf that attracts the best grass runners from around the world. The 32nd edition of the Million anchors the International Festival of Racing that also includes the Grade I $750,000 Beverly D., the sister race to the Million at a mile and three-sixteenths on the turf, the Grade I $500,000 Secretariat Stakes for 3-year-olds at a mile and a quarter on the turf and the Listed $400,000 American St. Leger at a mile and eleven-sixteenths on the turf.
Million Day at Arlington International is the must attend event of the summer. Experience the biggest day of racing in Illinois with exclusive ticketed packages, big ways to win, and a celebration of the best racehorses in the country.
- $53.66* Million Party Zone Ticket Package:
- Must be 21 years or older to enjoy this event!
- 4.5 Hour Beer & Wine Bar (12:15pm-4:45pm)
- Chef’s Table (Apple Slaw, Loaded Macaroni Salad, Kettle Chips, Smoke House Sausage, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, White Cheddar Mac & Cheese, Cookies)(12:15pm-3:15pm)
- Live Band : 7th Heaven**
- Daily Racing Guide
- Photo Booth
The Arlington Million will also be aired nationally on WGN Superstation.
*Price subject to tax and service charge.
**Purchasing a ticket to the Million Party Zone includes admittance to the Miller Lite Band Stage, home to 7th Heaven this Million. Without a Million Party Zone ticket, guests are not guaranteed a view of the band.
- Enter To Win: Your Fortune awaits with the FastBet Mobile Ultimate Bet Challenge: The chance to bet $3,000 on one horse in the Arlington Million to WIN
- Giveaway: Official 2014 Arlington Million Glass to first 750 guests through the Admission Gates
- Opening Ceremonies: Don't miss a performance by the Jesse White Tumblers and singer Johnny Vincent as they put together a show only worthy of the opening ceremonies of the biggest day of racing in Illinois. Gather around the Winner's Circle after the fourth race!
- National Anthem: Sung by legendary singer, Jim Cornelison, after the sixth race and colors presented by Marine Air Control Group- 48 after sixth race
- Food & Beverage Specials: Million Mary and Millionaire Tea; Ticketed Dining Packages throughout the facility
- Public Mural: Help Arlington create a one of a kind painting that’s painted by YOU, our guest! Put your stroke on the painting on select days throughout the season. Limited to guests who are 18 or older.
- Arlington Million Best Dressed Lady Competition: Invites to the Arlington Million Best Dressed Lady Competition will be handed out to the stylish ladies on track beginning right at 10:45am. The contest will take place next to the paddock near the Champagne Tent. Beginning at 1:25pm the contestants will strut their stuff and the Top Twenty will be chosen by the panel of judges (Bri Mott, Megan Jones, and Stephanie Slinger). From those, only one Best Dressed Lady will be chosen! The Top Twenty will be invited for a champagne toast hosted by Valor Ladies in the Champagne Tent. ALL contestants who participate will be given a gift bag from Fashion at the Races full of raceday and fashionable goodies! The winner will take home prizes from sponsors including Arlington International, Valor Ladies, and The Arboretum of South Barrington will be giving a gift certificate!
- Additional All-Inclusive Arlington Million Packages available:
- The lounge atmosphere offered by the Million VIP Lounge will help you celebrate Arlington’s biggest party of the year in high style with a four and a half hour open bar and a delicious Million Day menu.
- The Million Room is the perfect place to enjoy a day full of signature stakes races while sampling several of the sumptuous dishes available from the Million Room buffet. Reservations can be made by calling 847-870-RACE.
- For an upscale experience with a great all-inclusive package, try Silks at 2200 for a four and a half hour beer and wine package and a specialty Chef’s Table.
- Marquee Tents just opened for those of you looking for a casual way to marvel with the Million.
Arlington offers live racing and entertainment all season long, through September 28. Don’t miss out on the next Party in the Park After Dark: 80’s Night event for an exclusive experience similar to the Million Party Zone!
o Gates open at 11:15 a.m.
o First race at 1 p.m.
o Sunday Family Days at Arlington International — brought to you by the Daily Herald — are back and better than ever with the addition of even MORE entertainment in the Junior Jockey Zone including pony rides, a petting zoo, face painting, magician, caricaturist, juggler, bounce house and hands on activities from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. We've partnered up with Chicagoland's favorites in entertainment for exciting and educational content each Sunday — Memorial Day through Labor Day.
This Sunday, the Children's Business Network will be out in the park area for Family Day fun!
o Thursday- $6; $4 seniors
o Friday and Sunday- $8
o General Admission Arlington Million Day Aug. 16 - $22
o Children 17 and under - $2
o General Parking- Free
o Preferred Parking- $5
o Valet Parking- $10
For more information about Arlington Park visit www.arlingtonpark.com or call (847) 385-7500