- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Raceday Information
- FastBet Mobile
- Learn to Win: Arlington University & More
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- News - Videos - Blogs
- Trackside OTB
Arlington Park will host "The World's Largest Derby Party" Saturday, May 3
Arlington Park, one of the crown jewels of the horse racing industry, kicks off its 81st season May 2nd and will award nearly $27 million in winnings throughout the track's racing season. This year, Arlington Park will host "The World's Largest Derby Party" as part of its opening weekend festivities May 2 - 4. Tickets for general admission and reserved seats can now be purchased on-line at www.arlingtonpark.com
"Opening weekend holds special significance this year as Arlington Park is set to host the 'World's Largest Kentucky Derby Party' for all racing fans and anyone looking for a weekend of great entertainment," said Roy Arnold, president of Arlington Park. "Not only does Arlington Park provide top level horse racing, it also is a beautiful place to come see great concerts, art shows, July 3rd fireworks or have a family picnic."
Here is an overview of Opening Weekend activities:
Friday, May 2, 2008: OPENING DAY!
Gates open early at 9:30 a.m. Racing from Churchill Downs begins at 10 a.m. and includes the simulcast of the Grade I Kentucky Oaks with the first live Arlington Park race leaving the gate at 2:30 p.m. as it will most Fridays during the season, a half-hour earlier than in year's past. Advance wagering will also take place for the Kentucky Derby. May 2 also marks the 2008 debut of the Miller Lite Party in the Park with great music every Friday throughout the racing season. Opening Day features live rock music from I.R.S.
Saturday, May 3, 2008: KENTUCKY DERBY -- "WORLD'S LARGEST DERBY PARTY"
Arlington Park is the host for the "World's Largest Derby Party." In addition to an exciting live racing program, Arlington Park will simulcast the Grade I Kentucky Derby presented by Yum! Brands from Churchill Downs. Gates open at 9:30 a.m. with action getting underway with a strong undercard of races beginning at 10 a.m., a special post time for Derby Day. The first live Arlington Park race breaks from the gate at 1:00 p.m.
Other great Derby Day activities include:
* Wagering and live broadcast of the Kentucky Derby with wagering strategies seminar hosted by Daily Herald racing analyst Joe Kristufek.
* Live music on the Miller Lite Band Stage by the Kimi Hayes Band.
* The first 4,000 paid admissions will receive an official Kentucky Derby Glass.
* Traditional Kentucky Derby themed beverages such as the Mint Julep.
* Entertainment, fun and games for the entire family in the Park area.
* Win a trip for two in the Continental US as part of American Airlines Summer Sweepstakes.
* Kentucky themed roaming musical performances.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Arlington Park also kicks off Family Day hosted each Sunday during the season featuring fun activities for the whole family including making a derby hat, pony rides, a petting zoo and face painters.
Arlington Park's famed Junior Jockey Club kicks off the 2008 season with a make a derby hat theme.