- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Raceday Information
- FastBet Mobile
- Learn to Win: Arlington University & More
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- News - Videos - Blogs
- Trackside OTB
Learn to Win Seminars Return for 2011
Arlington Park continues in its efforts to promote fan education with a series of 18 ‘Learn to Win’ seminars to be held in the track’s Park area during the 2011 season that gets underway Friday, May 6.
Hosted by Daily Herald and horseplayernow.com racing analyst Joe Kristufek and sidekick Brian Spencer, these informal sessions will take place on selected weekend and holiday dates with the first such seminar schedule for Mother’s Day Sunday, May 8 from 1 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.
Kristufek and Spencer will teach race goers the basics of reading the racing program as well as how to construct wagers that give them the best chance to be successful at the races. In addition, they will answer any questions that fans may have when it comes to handicapping races.
“Hands on education that’s what the ‘Learn to Win’ series is all about,” said Kristufek, who is also Arlington Park’s official morning line maker. “For the casual fan, the Daily Racing Guide and betting windows can be intimidating. To grow the fan base, we need to give the fans at all the levels the means to learn. With knowledge comes interest. Arlington Park ‘gets’ that.”
After Mother’s Day, the remainder of the schedule of seminars (which will be held weather permitting) is as follows:
- Sunday, May 8: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 30: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 3: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 17: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 19: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 25: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 1: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 2: 4 to 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 4: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 9: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 15: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 22: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 29: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 5: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 13:
- Million Day Starting Gate Q&A Seminar: 11 am- 12 noon
- Friday, August 26:3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 5: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
In addition, Kristufek will host three BIG EVENT live online chats – Friday, June 24 previewing the following day’s Prairie State Festival; Friday, July 8 previewing Million Preview Day on July 9; and Friday, August 12 previewing the August 13 Arlington Million/International Festival of Racing. All three chats will start at 7:30 p.m. CT will be accessible through the Arlington Park website at arlingtonpark.com as well as at the Horse Player NOW website at horseplayernow.com.
Also, Arlington Park is participating in the groundbreaking Horse Player NOW Night School series of chats. The interactive fan education forums focus on a unique racing topic each week, with industry experts utilized as hosts and panelists. The chats can be found each Monday night at 7:30 p.m. CT on arlingtonpark.com as well as on horseplayernow.com.