- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Raceday Information
- Learn to Win: Arlington University & More
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- News & Videos
- Trackside OTB
Always among the leaders in fan education, Arlington International Racecourse introduced Arlington University” for the 2013 racing season. “Arlington University” is a one-stop location where fans new and old alike can ask questions and receive individual and small group interaction from the track’s group of experts – the university “professors.”
An expansion of Arlington’s popular “Learn to Win” program that the track has held on selected days for several years, Arlington University will be housed in the west end of the Million Tent located in the Park area. Arlington University (“AU”) will be open, weather permitting, beginning 30 minutes before the day’s first race every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
The “AU” staff will work with customers who want to learn how to read the Daily Racing Guide (track program) as well as how to make simple wagers that will help them maximize the bang for their buck and hopefully cash a few tickets. The University staff will be on hand to help customers get familiar with wagering at its own dedicated self-service mutuel machines.
In addition, the University staff will take small groups to the Paddock area where the horses are saddled as well as bring some of the human stars of the game – jockeys and trainers – to the University area to meet and greet race fans.
“AU” will also employ Joe Kristufek and Brian W. Spencer, handicappers from the award-winning horseplayernow.com, the creators of Night School - the industry's on-line fan education initiative, to augment the regular staff on major race days and major promotional days, July 4 and Million Preview Day.
Kristufek and Spencer’s complete schedule of appearances:
- Saturday, May 25 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 27: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 1: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 16: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 28: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 4: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 13: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 16: 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 17 All Day at the America's Best Racing - Racing 101 tent
- Saturday, Aug. 31: 1 to 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 2: 1 to 3:30 p.m. - JUST ADDED
- Saturday, Sept. 7: 1 to 3:30 p.m. - JUST ADDED
* Additional dates may be added