- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- Toteboard & Replays
- Raceday Information
- Learn to Win: Arlington University & More
- Expert Selections & Handicapping Information
- Stats and Standings
- Stakes & Simulcast Schedules
- Horsemen Services
- News & Videos
- Trackside OTB
- TSC Elite
- Contests, Events & Promotions
- Wagering Information
2013 Trackside OTB Handicapping Contests
HORSE PLAYER WORLD SERIES (HPWS) QUALIFYING CONTESTS
- Sat., May 11, 2013 at Trackside Waukegan Click here for results
- Sat., June 15, 2013 at Trackside Villa Park Click here for results
- Sat., Oct. 5, 2013 at Trackside Aurora Click here for results
- Sat., Nov. 16, 2013 at Trackside Hodgkins Click here for results
INFORMATION ABOUT TRACKSIDE HPWS QUALIFYING CONTESTS
- Rules - UPDATED 9/28/13 for Fall contest dates
- Prior to each contest, handicapper M. Scott McMannis will host a one-hour seminar on tournament basics as well as covering selected races from the day's live racing card.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ACTUAL 2014 HPWS CONTEST
The expected number of entries is in the 700 range making for a prize pool of $700,000 and a first prize in the $300,000 range. The contest takes place over three days, Thursday-Saturday, and players make all of their own selections from seven tracks around the country (AQU, TAM, GP, FG, HAW, SA, GG). Each player makes fifteen mythical $20 Win-Place wagers with prices being capped at 19-1 on the win end and 9-1 to place, though you are eligible for the full price in excess of the cap on the initial $2.
- Sat., Sept. 7th, 2013 at Trackside Waukegan (Feeder Contest)
- Sat., Sept. 21st - Sun. Sept. 22nd at Trackside Villa Park (DRF/NTRA Contest)
INFORMATION ABOUT TRACKSIDE NTRA DRF/NHC QUALIFYING CONTESTS
Prior to each contest, handicapper M. Scott McMannis will host a one-hour seminar on tournament basics as well as covering selected races from the day's live racing card.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ACTUAL 2014 NTRA DRF/NHC CONTEST:
The Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship (NHC), presented by Sovereign Stable and Treasure Island Las Vegas, is the richest, most important and most prestigious tournament for horseplayers in the world and is the culmination of a yearlong series of sanctioned local tournaments conducted by racetracks, casino race books, off-track betting facilities and horse racing and handicapping websites, each of which sends its top qualifiers to the national finals in Las Vegas. Each year, the NHC winner joins other human and equine champions as an honoree at the Eclipse Awards. In addition to the founding title sponsor, the NHC is presented by Treasure Island Las Vegas and Sovereign Stable.
Established in 1999, the first NHC offered total purse money of $200,000. The 2012 NHC offered total prizes and awards of more than $1.5 million. Michael Beychok, a political consultant from Baton Rouge, La., earned $1 million and an Eclipse Award as the nation’s National Handicapping Champion.