- Plan Your Visit
- Racing & Wagering
- News - Videos - Blogs
- Trackside OTB
Fork, Cork, and Style Festival
FORK, CORK AND STYLE FESTIVAL TO CELEBRATE SIGNATURE FOODS, CELEBRITY CHEFS AND FINE WINE
Chef Emeril Lagasse to Headline Inaugural Festival Celebrating Marquee Foods, Premiere Wines and Upscale Tailgating Style Ideas on Saturday, Oct. 2
Join us at Arlington Park as we introduce Fork, Cork & Style: A celebration of unique cuisine, fine wine and stylish living, on Saturday, Oct. 2, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The first-of-its kind festival will feature signature foods from around the country, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, a premier wine tasting with 250 elite brands, and innovative ways to dress up tailgating parties.
Renowned chef Emeril Lagasse will headline Fork, Cork & Style, preparing mouthwatering food live amidst a fun, high-energy atmosphere. Lagasse has hosted over 1,500 shows on the Food Network and is presently a correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America.
Among the items Lagasse is expected to prepare are:
LEMONY-SPIKED SWEET TEA
BACON POTATO SALAD
BACON WRAPPED STUFFED HOT DOGS
NORTHERN ITALIAN-STYLE CHICKEN UNDER A BRICK
GRILLED MARINATED FLANK STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
PEANUT BUTTER-CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
In addition to Lagasse's cooking demonstrations, several finalists from Bravo's Top Chef television series and featured local chefs will also participate in cooking demonstrations on the feature stage throughout the day. Among the celebrity chefs also scheduled to appear are:
- Brian Malarkey - California Restaurant Association's "Chef of the Year,"and owner of San Diego's new Searsucker restaurant, recent guest on TLC's Mega Bites and finalist from popular Bravo television show Top Chef Miami;
- Eli Kirshtein - Finalist on Emmy Award-nominated show Top Chef Vegasand owner of a new restaurant opening soon in New York City; and
- Casey Thompson - This Top Chef Miami contestant, known for her talent for pairing the perfect wine with every dish, serves as a culinary ambassador for the San Francisco Bay Area.
Churchill Downs Entertainment launched its Fork, Cork & Style franchise earlier this year and will host the branded event in the series on Sept. 12 at Churchill Downs, Arlington Park's sister racetrack in Louisville, Ky.
"This is another innovative concept we think appeals to our target market of highly engaged entertainment seekers," CDE President Steve Sexton said. "Fork, Cork & Style is a winning combination, a blend of marquee foods from various markets combined with key local offerings and offered at one location. The festival will celebrate America's best foods, the world's finest wines, and give festival goers ways to enhance their next tailgating experience."
Notable restaurants participating include several eateries that have ranked high on the Travel Channel's official list of the "101 Best Places to Chow Down":
- Chicago area's Albano's Pizzeria, No. 8 on the list for its football-sized pizza puff
- Buffalo's Anchor Bar, No. 17 on the list and home of the original BuffaloChicken Wings
- West Virginia's Hillbilly Hot Dogs, No. 15 on the list and is best known for the15-inch Home Wrecker hot dog topped with a pile of tasty condiments.
- St. Louis's Ted Drewes, No. 37 on the list is frozen custard family tradition.
Additional restaurants featured include:
Memphis hot spot Central BBQ, rated the "No. 1 BBQ Joint in Tennessee," which will prepare delicious ribs and pulled pork
- South Philadelphia's Tony Luke's, home of the ultimate cheesesteak, which was featured on Travel Channel's Man v. Food
- And, Chicago's own world famous Billy Goat Tavern and Grill.
There will also be a grand wine tasting filled with high-end vintners presented by Binny's Beverage Depot including more than 250 wines from premier wine regions like Napa Valley, Bordeaux, Washington State, Rioja, Sonoma Valley, Champagne, and many more.
Chicago's Fork, Cork & Style will also feature the sounds of the east coast dance band Boogie Knights complete with Disco cover songs and funky 70's attire.
Tickets go on sale Thursday, Aug.19 at 5:00 p.m. Advance ticket prices (available through Sept. 25) are $25 for general admission and $60 for general admission and wine tasting. After Oct. 2, prices are $35 for general admission and $70 for admission and wine tasting. Special promotions to be announced soon will be available at any Chicagoland Binny's Beverage Depot by clicking on their website www.binnys.com. A limited number of $200 VIP tickets will also be available which include an exclusive meet and greet with chef Emeril Lagasse and the other celebrity chefs, reserved seating at the cooking demo stage, first-class access to the wine tasting and VIP parking. Tickets are available online at http://www.forkcorkandstyle.com/fcs/chicago