Horsemen/Horsewomen Race Day Viewing
UPDATE AS OF 6/11/21: The paddock will finally open to the public and the winner’s circle will be open as normal for pictures on Friday, June 11th. As we increase our capacity and operations under phase 5 reopening, we are delighted to continue the service for owners in the press box and to add a single seat ticket option for licensed owners and trainers. Any owner or trainer holding a valid 2021 IRB license can get a free single seat ticket for themselves at the Clubhouse information window on any race day by presenting their 2021 license and signing in. These tickets are exclusively for licensed owners and trainers, no tickets will be issued to any accompanying guests at the information window. Single ticket seating is available in sections A and I of the grandstand. Arlington will continue to offer licensed owners seating under the current operations in the press box. We look forward to seeing you all and welcome your return to Arlington.
Once again in 2021, Arlington is able to host limited spectators on-site for its’ race meet. Despite this, it does not change the “non-essential” designation of an owner under COVID-19 spectator protocols that were approved by the Governor’s office, CCDPH, IDPH and AHHS that dictate no access to the Paddock or Winner’s Circle. Fortunately, currently under Arlington’s 2021 approved plan for spectators, there are two options for an owner attending the races.
First, owners can choose to purchase tickets along with the general public beginning Wednesday, April 15th at 12pm OR, as a Free option, under the spectator plan on a limited basis, up to four owners licensed by the Illinois Racing Board with an ownership interest of a horse participating in a race can register for seating. After registration is closed for this group any other owner may register themselves and other licensed owners for any open tables.
2021 Race Day Tickets for Seating for Licensed Owners:
- RACE DAY FREE TICKET OPTION FOR LICENSED OWNERS FOR SEATING, PADDOCK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS FOR THURSDAY RACES
- FOR OWNERS WHO HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS -OPTION FOR PADDOCK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS FOR THURSDAY RACES
- RACE DAY FREE TICKET OPTION FOR LICENSED OWNERS FOR SEATING, PADDOCK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS FOR FRIDAY RACES
- FOR OWNERS WHO HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS -OPTION FOR PADDOCK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS FOR FRIDAY RACES
- RACE DAY FREE TICKET OPTION FOR LICENSED OWNERS FOR SEATING, PADDOCK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS FOR SATURDAY RACES
- FOR OWNERS WHO HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS -OPTION FOR PADDOCK AND WINNER’S CIRCLE ACCESS FOR SATURDAY RACES
This year Arlington will have four-seat tables indoors and two-seat tables outdoors. Sixteen reservations will be offered each race day (except Premium Days) for licensed owners to register for tables seating in the press box on the third floor. Registrations will be offered for up to four licensed owners at each table on a first come first serve basis with a priority given to owners with an ownership interest of a horse participating in the day’s race card. The room is open seating.
Each table reservation accommodates up to four owners per horse, multiple registrations for owners of the same horse on the race card will not be accepted.
Registration by licensed owners with a horse in the race card must be completed by 3:00pm the day prior to the race.
All other licensed owners may register themselves and up to three other licensed owners for tickets to attend the races in the press box as well. If seating is available, the individual who registered their group will be emailed admission tickets on a first come first basis for tables that are not occupied by licensed owners who have horses participating in the race program.
- All tickets will be emailed to the individual who completed the registration.
- In seat food and beverage service will be made available to registered attendees.
- Masks must be worn at all times expect when consuming food and beverage.
- All registered individuals will enter the facility at the clubhouse entrance and will be required to present a valid admission ticket and their IRB owner’s license (no exceptions) at the Clubhouse Information Booth to acquire a wristband for the press box.
- Programs are free to each ticket holder.
- Hours of operation: 20 minutes before the first post and closes when the last race is official.
- Please enter the grounds through the Euclid Ave gate and park in Lot B (free preferred parking).
Sarah Johnson is the liaison for the press box seating and can reached at [email protected] if you have problems with registering for seating or with receiving tickets.
These special accommodations are conditioned upon each owner complying with and observing the following:
- All owners must make reservations online.
- Enter from the Euclid Ave. entrance and park in Lot B.
- Enter the facility at the clubhouse entrance and check-in at the information booth.
- Individuals entering the facility must have an admission ticket and a valid 2021 owner’s license issued by the Illinois Racing Board in their possession.
- Wear a wristband for authorized access to the Press Box. The press box located on the third floor near the Cowboy Grill.
- Seating is open seating, select your table, first come first serve basis.
- Hours of operation are 20 min before the first post and closes when the last race is official.
- Cooperation in adhering to these guidelines and procedures is necessary to continue with this race day program.