Owners’ 2020 RACE-N-GO Option
Beginning Thursday, September 3, Arlington is able to host limited spectators on-site. Despite this, it does not change the “non-essential” designation of an owner as under the Department of Agriculture’s COVID-19 protocols that were approved by the Governor’s office, that dictate no access to the Paddock or Winner’s Circle. However, currently under Arlington’s approved plan for spectators, there are two options for an owner attending the races.
First, owners can choose to purchase tickets along with spectators beginning Tuesday, September 1 at 12pm OR, as a free option, under the spectator plan on a limited basis, up to three owners licensed by the Illinois Racing Board with an ownership interest of a horse participating in a race can register for the RACE-N-GO option. Separate owner registrations per horse will not be accepted; one owner will register him or herself and up to two others. To take advantage of this option, owners must reserve their viewing spot by registering online. Spots must be reserved by 5 pm the day prior to race day.
To gain entry to the facility on race day, owners who have registered online will have their name placed on a facility access list, which will be present at the information booth at the West Marquee entrance admission gate. All attendees should enter through the Euclid Ave. gate and park in Lot B. Owners will need their 2020 owner’s license issued by the Illinois Racing Board. Upon registration, each owner will have access to a designated area solely for owners on the second floor of the grandstand seating. A saddle towel indicating your horse’s post position will mark each owner’s seat.
These special accommodations are conditioned upon each owner complying with and observing the following:
- All owners must make reservations online.
- Individuals entering the facility must have in their possession a valid 2020 owner’s license issued by the Illinois Racing Board.
- Enter from the Euclid Ave. entrance and park in Lot B.
- Enter the West Marquee entrance admission gate and check-in at the information desk immediately inside the entrance.
- Wear a wristband indicating access to the viewing area.
- The viewing area is outdoors on the second floor of the grandstand via an exterior staircase. Each viewing section is marked with a saddle towel. Owners should proceed to the saddle towel of the post position of their horse. The exit is separate from the entrance and located at the end of the last saddle towel. Both the entrance and exits are marked accordingly.
- Seating is available for 15 minutes prior to post until the race is official, after which time, owners should exit the facility.
Cooperation in adhering to these guidelines and procedures is necessary to continue with this RACE & GO viewing program.