Every Saturday, visit the Arlington University campus (located on the main level outside Mr. D’s Sports Bar) to play Saturday Squares! It’s horse racing’s spin on a squares board – make the x and y axis work for you!
- Who Benefits? Novice bettors!
- What is AU? A one stop shop for quick and easy wagering education to help new betters feel comfortable placing bets throughout the day.
- Where is AU? AU’s Main Campus is located outside Mr. D’s Sports Bar on the main level and the Park Campus is located at entrance of The Park.
- When is AU open? AU’s main campus will be open every live race day, weather permitting beginning 30 minutes prior to the day’s first race.
- How does AU work? Just stop by and meet our professors! There are no dumb questions, and our professors have ALL of the answer
What Arlington University Can Do For You!
- Dedicated individual and small group interaction with knowledgeable “professors.”
- How to read the Arlington Program
- Types of simple wagers
- Exotic wagers
- Expert picks for every race
- How to use a Self-Service Terminal (SST)
- FastBet Mobile
- Wagering seminars
- Enter to win a FREE Paddock Tour
- Enter to win a FREE Winner’s Circle Presentation and meet a Jockey
- Enter to win additional prizes
- What’s the most important factor in predicting the outcome of a race?
- Why do the odds keep changing?
- Can you explain how to use the wagering machine?
- Can you help me with my FastBetMobile account?
- Can you show me how to find the results of races run earlier in the day?
- Can I bet on races at other tracks? Can I bet today on races that will run tomorrow?
- What’s a “wheel”?
- Is the Daily Double only wagered on Race 1 and 2?
- How do the carryover pools work? What if there are multiple winners today?
- The horse I bet to “Show” actually won the race. How much will I collect?
- Can I box more than 2 horses in an Exacta? More than 3 in a Trifecta?
- The horse I bet on got scratched 2 minutes before the race. What happens now?
- Why won’t this machine take my credit card?
- How many furlongs in a mile?
- Why do horses get scratched?