- Plan Your Visit
- Group Outings
- Racing & Wagering
- Trackside OTB
Arlington Racing Club
|ABOUT THE ARLINGTON RACING CLUB|
- A $500 One Time Fee to experience the thrill of being a member of a thoroughbred racehorse club through a horse race lease program from May - September 2018 at Arlington.
- Receive regular updates about the program and the horse via e-mail.
- The Arlington Racing Club will have three racing groups that lease horses for the race season. The first racing group will lease a horse from David Block (Team Block) and trained by Chris Block with winnings in excess of $41M including almost 40 graded stakes wins. The second horse will be leased from Vince Foglia (Patricia’s Hope), and trained by Larry Rivelli, Arlington’s leading owner and trainer combination for the last four years, with earnings over $21M and multiple graded stakes wins. The third horse will be leased from Richard Papiese (Midwest Thoroughbreds) owner of the hometown hero, multiple graded stakes and Arlington Million winner, The Pizza Man, and Roger Brueggemann will be the trainer for this racing group. Roger has almost $26M in earnings with almost 1,200 career wins that include multiple graded stakes wins.
- All decisions regarding the horse will be made by the trainer and all racing decisions will be made by the trainer and the Club’s Racing Manager on behalf of the Arlington Racing Club.
- For more information about Arlington Racing Club, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arlington Racing Club in 2018 is a single club membership that offers members up to three separate opportunities to participate in racing groups of their choice within the Club (minimum 50 and maximum of 75 members per racing group). The three racing groups that will be represented in the Arlington Racing Club are: the Block Group with Chris Block as trainer, the Foglia Group with Larry Rivelli as trainer and the Midwest Thoroughbreds Group with Roger Brueggeman as trainer.
When you register, you have the option to select which racing group(s) and trainer you want to be a part of; choose one, two or choose all three at a cost of $500 per group. If you choose multiple racing groups, you will receive one membership valid for the Arlington Racing Club benefits and those particular racing groups for race days. Membership cards are exclusive and non-transferable and may be revoked if used or transferred to or by another individual. Each group must have a minimum of 50 members in order to operate and no group will be over 75 members.
|ARLINGTON RACING CLUB PERKS|
- Receive regular updates on each horse's training and racing status.
- Free General Admission and Parking for the member throughout Arlington’s 2018 Season.
- Up to 4 General Admission guest passes for Friends & Family when a horse from any of the three racing groups races.
- Barn Area Tours for racing group members to visit the horse and trainer.
- Paddock and Winner’s Circle access on race day for members. *To ensure the safety of each individual, the number of people in the Paddock and Winner’s Circle is limited to the members of the racing group whose horse in the race.*
- Discounted Food & Beverage packages for all Racing Club members whenever any racing group’s horse is racing.
- Monthly Arlington Racing Club social events.
The Arlington Racing Club will be administered by a Racing Manager responsible for providing all members of the racing groups with updates and racing information that will be shared among all racing groups. All of the Arlington Racing Club’s “social events” will be for the entire Club. These benefits will provide you with opportunities to watch all Racing Club horses - three times as many races for you to participate in for your $500 membership.
On days when your racing group horse races, as a member of that group you have chosen, you will be able to access the Paddock to watch the horse being saddled for that race and the racing group member will have access to the Winner’s Circle, if the horse wins and has a picture taken. On race day, each member of the Arlington Racing Club can receive up to 4 additional complimentary General Admission passes for their guests. There will be upgraded seating and food and beverage packages offered for all Racing Club members and up to 4 of their guests for an additional cost at reduced pricing.
I WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ARLINGTON RACING CLUB (THE “CLUB”). I UNDERSTAND, REPRESENT AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. I understand that the purpose of the Club is to provide a fun and educational experience of Thoroughbred horse ownership through participation in a not-for-profit social club that owns, trains and races Thoroughbred racehorses. I understand that the Club is organized as a not-for-profit social club, and I am not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. I understand that I may not receive back any of my $500 membership dues and agree that any monies remaining in the Club’s account after all financial obligations are met will be returned to the members pro rata up to $500 per member (without interest).
2. I understand that (a) the Club will lease at least one racehorse with plans to race during the Arlington International Racecourse meet in Arlington Heights, IL; (b) from 50 to 75 memberships in the Club will be sold in 2018 at $500 each and the funds raised from these membership dues will be used to pay the lease for the horse, as well as for training fees and other expenses; (c) membership dues will be deposited into a horsemen’s account and expenses will be paid from this account, all earnings will be retained by the owner (lessor) who is responsible for paying all trainer and jockey commissions or mount fees; (d) I will receive Club communications through social media and emails about the horse’s and Club’s activities; (e) all decisions relating to the horse, including day-to-day decisions, will be made by the trainer, Chris Block, Larry Rivelli, and Roger Brueggemann and by the Arlington’s officers; and (f) One pass will be distributed per member regardless of the number of clubs the member joins.
3. I agree this is the only agreement or understanding that applies to my interest in the Club.
4. I recognize that hazards and risks are inherent in owning, training and racing Thoroughbred racehorses and related activities. I hereby acknowledge voluntary participation in the Club and, by my payment of the membership dues, hereby release and forever discharge the Club, its affiliates and all directors, officers and agents of the foregoing from any and all liability of whatever kind arising from my participation in the Club; further, I waive all claims of all kinds against all and any of the foregoing arising from participation in the Club. This release shall be binding upon me, my immediate family members (including without limitation, my spouse and any children as applicable) and my heirs, successors and assigns. I also understand and agree that this release contemplates the release and discharge of any and all other claims that may exist or arise in the future as a result of any aforementioned occurrence and any injuries, illness, loss (including death) or damages to persons or property (including loss of use of property) allegedly sustained thereby by me. I understand that Club activities may take place at a racetrack, which is subject to safety considerations, and I agree to be bound by and abide by rules and regulations of the racetrack.
Racing Club members and up to 4 of their guests for an additional cost at reduced pricing.
Q: How many memberships will be sold for each racing club?
A: From 50 up to 75 memberships will be sold for the Club on a first come, first served basis. Starting in 2018, memberships will be sold until all available memberships have been filled. Purchase your membership today before it sells out! If, by May 3rd, we do not have a minimum of 50 members for any given racing club registered, you will receive a full refund of your membership.
Q: What is my $500 for?
A: A minimum of 50 members is necessary to start Racing Groups and will be available for up to 75 memberships in each group will be sold at $500 each and the funds raised from selling memberships will be used to employ a Racing Manager, lease a horse from an owner either Team Block, Patricia’s Hope or Midw4st Thoroughbreds as well as for training fees and other expenses. This also entitles you to a Racing Club season pass and parking at Arlington.
Q: How much money will I be able to make off of my membership though this Club?
A: The Club is organized as a not-for-profit educational association, and you are not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. Understand that you may not receive back any of your $500 membership fee and agree the maximum you may receive is $500. Any and all amounts of all monies earned by the horse running and placing in races will be retained by the owner as the owner has made the significant investment in purchasing the horse and paying all fees associated with getting the horse race ready. The owner is responsible for paying insurance, all commissions associated to trainers and jockeys fees.
Q: What do I have to do once I become a member of the Arlington Racing Club?
A: Once you purchase your membership on-line by clicking the Arlington Racing Club button on Arlington’s main webpage then clicking "Buy Now”. Then, all you have to do is sit back, relax and have fun! the Racing Club’s racing manager for will keep members of all racing groups up to date with all of the status of the horses, so you can be part of each horse’s journey.
Q: Once I become part of the Club, how will I receive information about the horse(s) and Club news?
A: You will receive communications from the Arlington Racing Club’s Racing Manager through e-mail and social media.
Q: What type of admission and parking is included with my membership?
A: The member will receive free General Admission and parking in Lot C (the horsemen’s lot near the Clubhouse entrance) throughout the season (May-September 2018). In addition, to the member receiving their membership pass every member of the Arlington Racing Club will receive up to four guest passes on race days in which any Racing Group horse races at Arlington. All member will also have the option to purchase upgraded accommodations with discounts for themselves and their guests for food and beverage on race day. If the Club’s horse is entered in a race on a premium day during the Arlington Season (May 5, May 13, June 17, July 1, August 11), the member will receive free admission with his or her membership card; however, the member will not receive complimentary guest passes due to the limited availability of tickets on these premium days.
Q: If my Racing Group horse is racing will I be able to see the horse at Arlington?
A: Yes, we are bringing back paddock access in 2018 season to members of the Racing Groups whose horse is participating in the races. Please note members of Racing Groups that do not have a horse participating in a race will not have paddock or winner’s circle access. This makes the Racing Groups more manageable on race days and provides for a safe environment inside the paddock and winner’s circle. All members of the Arlington Racing Club can purchase the same race day discounted F&B packages to cheer for each Racing Group’s horse on race day.
Q: What Club Events will be held?
A: Special Arlington Racing Club social events for all club members regardless of the Racing Group will be held at Arlington International Racecourse each month throughout the racing season (May-September 2018). Members will be notified about all event details closer to the event dates by the Arlington Racing Club Racing Manager.
Q: Who will train the Arlington Racing Club horse(s)?
A: The Arlington Racing Club will have three racing groups that lease horses for the race season. The first racing group will lease a horse from David Block (Team Block) and trained by Chris Block with winnings in excess of $41M including almost 40 graded stakes wins. The second horse will be leased from Vince Foglia (Patricia’s Hope), and trained by Larry Rivelli, Arlington’s leading owner and trainer combination for the last four years, with earning over $21M and multiple graded stakes wins. The third horse will be lease from Richard Papiese (Midwest Thoroughbreds) owner of the hometown hero, multiple graded stakes and Arlington Million winner, The Pizza Man and Roger Brueggemann will be the trainer for this racing group. Roger has almost $26M in earnings with almost 1,200 career wins that include multiple graded stakes wins.
Q: When will the horse(s) race?
A: Team Block, Patricia’s Hope and Midwest Thoroughbred have already begun their search, and the horse(s) will be leased beginning in mid-April just in time for training when they arrive to Arlington. Each Racing Group will lease one horse with the intention to race at Arlington International Racecourse during the season (May-September 2018). If for some reason the leased horse is not able to race for a period of more than 30 consecutive days prior to the last day of the race meet other than that fact that races for the horses do not fill, the racing group may be terminated if the owner or (lessor) does not have a second horse available for lease. Every attempt will be made to have a horse available for lease and to participate in races during the race meet.
Q: Who will make decisions about the horse and manage communication and funds?
A: The horse(s) trainer will make all decisions about the horse(s) and the Racing Manager will represent the Club's interest as the manager of the horse(s).
Q: What happens at the end of the 2018 Arlington season?
A: Each of the racing clubs will end near the conclusion of Arlington’s race meet at the time the horse is expected to make its last start at Arlington. If the funds in the account fall below $3,500 at any time prior to the end of the race meet, the Club could be dissolved at that time. Any monies remaining in the account after all financial obligations are met will be returned to the members pro rata up to $500 per member (without interest).
Q: Can I join more than one racing group?
A: Yes, an individual can purchase single memberships in more than one racing group but will only receive one Arlington Racing club membership card that provides access to the facility, discounted or complimentary accommodations on race days, backstretch tours and the paddock and winner’s circle on days the racing group’s horse race. However, the other benefits of accommodations on race days are available to all Arlington Racing Club members.
Q: Who can I contact for more information about the Arlington Racing Club?
A: E-mail the Club’s Racing Manager at email@example.com.