- Plan Your Visit
- Group Outings
- Racing & Wagering
- Trackside OTB
Arlington Racing Club
|ABOUT THE ARLINGTON RACING CLUB|
- A $500 one-time fee to experience the thrill of being a member of a Thoroughbred racehorse club from May - September 2019 at Arlington.
- 200 Racing Club memberships will be available for the 2019 season. All memberships must be filled for the Club by March 18, 2019 to launch for the 2019 season. Memberships will be available on a first come, first served basis. If the 200 memberships are not filled, you will receive a refund for your membership.
- Receive regular updates about the program and the horse via e-mail.
- The horse will be purchased and trained by Larry Rivelli, Arlington’s 2018 leading trainer and multiple graded stakes winner.
- All decisions regarding the care, the races selected and the season strategy for the horse will be made by the trainer.
- For more information about Arlington Racing Club, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|ARLINGTON RACING CLUB PERKS|
- Receive regular updates on the horse's training and racing status.
- Enjoy free General Admission and Parking for the member throughout Arlington’s 2019 Season.
- Reserve up to 4 General Admission guest passes for Friends & Family when the club’s horse races.
- Experience Barn Area Tours for racing group members to visit the horse and trainer.
- Receive Paddock and Winner’s Circle access on race day for members. *To ensure the safety of each individual, the number of people in the Paddock and Winner’s Circle is limited to the Club members whose horse is in the race.*
The Arlington Racing Club will be administered by a Racing Manager responsible for providing all members with updates and racing information. On days when the Racing Club horse races, will be able to access the Paddock to watch the horse being saddled for that race and access the Winner’s Circle if the horse wins and has a picture taken. On race day, each member of the Arlington Racing Club can reserve up to 4 additional complimentary General Admission tickets for their guests.
I WOULD LIKE TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ARLINGTON RACING CLUB (THE “CLUB”). I UNDERSTAND, REPRESENT AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. I understand that the purpose of the Club is to provide a fun and educational experience of Thoroughbred horse ownership through participation in a not-for-profit social club that owns, trains and races Thoroughbred racehorses. I understand that the Club is organized as a not-for-profit social club, and I am not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. I understand that I may not receive back any of my $500 membership dues and agree that any monies remaining in the Club’s account after all financial obligations are met will be returned to the members pro rata up to $500 per member (without interest).
2. I understand that (a) the Club have at least one racehorse purchased by the trainer with plans to race during the Arlington International Racecourse meet in Arlington Heights, IL; (b) 200 memberships in the Club will be sold in 2019 at $500 each and the funds raised from these membership dues will be used to pay for the horse, as well as for training fees and other expenses; (c) membership dues will be deposited into a horsemen’s account and expenses will be paid from this account; (d) I will receive Club communications through emails about the horse’s and Club’s activities; (e) all decisions relating to the horse, including day-to-day decisions, will be made by the trainer, Larry Rivelli and the Racing Club Manager; and (f) One General Admission pass and one Parking pass will be distributed per member.
3. I agree this is the only agreement or understanding that applies to my interest in the Club.
4. I recognize that hazards and risks are inherent in owning, training and racing Thoroughbred racehorses and related activities. I hereby acknowledge voluntary participation in the Club and, by my payment of the membership dues, hereby release and forever discharge the Club, its affiliates and all directors, officers and agents of the foregoing from any and all liability of whatever kind arising from my participation in the Club; further, I waive all claims of all kinds against all and any of the foregoing arising from participation in the Club. This release shall be binding upon me, my immediate family members (including without limitation, my spouse and any children as applicable) and my heirs, successors and assigns. I also understand and agree that this release contemplates the release and discharge of any and all other claims that may exist or arise in the future as a result of any aforementioned occurrence and any injuries, illness, loss (including death) or damages to persons or property (including loss of use of property) allegedly sustained thereby by me. I understand that Club activities may take place at a racetrack, which is subject to safety considerations, and I agree to be bound by and abide by rules and regulations of the racetrack.
Q: How many memberships will be sold for each racing club?
A: 200 memberships will be sold for the Club on a first come, first served basis. Purchase your membership today before it sells out! If, by March 18, we do not have a minimum of 200 members, you will receive a full refund of your membership.
Q: What is my $500 for?
A: A minimum of 200 members is necessary to start the Racing Club, and the funds raised from selling memberships will be used to employ a Racing Manager, purchase a horse as well as for training fees, vet fees and other expenses. This also entitles you to a Racing Club season pass and parking at Arlington for the 2019 season.
Q: How much money will I be able to make off of my membership though this Club?
A: The Club is organized as a not-for-profit educational association, and you are not joining the Club with any profit motive or expectation of profit. Understand that you may not receive back any of your $500 membership fee and agree the maximum you may receive is $500. Any amount remaining above the initial investment will be donated by the Club to The Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund (PDJF).
Q: What do I have to do once I become a member of the Arlington Racing Club?
A: Once you purchase your membership on-line by clicking the Buy Now button above, all you have to do is sit back, relax and have fun! The Racing Club’s Manager will keep members up to date with the status of the horse, so you can be part of the horse’s journey.
Q: Once I become part of the Club, how will I receive information about the horse(s) and Club news?
A: You will receive communications from the Arlington Racing Club’s Racing Manager through e-mail.
Q: What type of admission and parking is included with my membership?
A: The member will receive free General Admission and parking in Lot C (the horsemen’s lot near the Clubhouse entrance) throughout the season (May-September 2019). In addition to the member receiving their membership pass, the member will receive up to four guest passes on race days. The guest passes must be reserved by the member. If the Club’s horse is entered in a race on a premium day during the Arlington Season (May 4, May 12, June 16, July 5, August 10), the member will receive free admission with his or her membership card; however, the member will not receive complimentary guest passes due to the limited availability of tickets on these premium days.
Q: If my Racing Club horse is racing, will I be able to see the horse at Arlington?
A: Yes, paddock access will continue for members participating in the Arlington Racing Club for the 2019 season. Please note, family and friends of the member will not be allowed into the Paddock or Winner’s Circle but will be able to see the horse outside of the Paddock Ring and Winner’s Circle. This provides for a safe environment inside the Paddock and Winner’s Circle for both the members and horses.
Q: Who will train the Arlington Racing Club horse(s)?
A: The Arlington Racing Club will purchase a horse for the race season. The horse will be trained by Larry Rivelli, Arlington’s 2018 leading trainer and multiple graded stakes winner.
Q: When will the horse(s) race?
A: If the Racing Club fills, the trainer will purchase one horse with the intention to race at Arlington International Racecourse during the season (May-September 2019). The trainer will be responsible for selecting races for the Club horse throughout the season. If for some reason the horse is not able to race for a period of more than 30 consecutive days prior to the last day of the race meet, other than that fact that races for the horses do not fill, the Racing Club may be terminated. Every attempt will be made to have a horse available for and to participate in races during the race meet.
Q: Who will make decisions about the horse and manage communication and funds?
A: The horse(s) trainer will make all decisions about the horse, and the Racing Manager will represent the Club's interest as the manager of the horse.
Q: What happens at the end of the 2019 Arlington season?
A: The Racing Club will end near the conclusion of Arlington’s race meet at the time the horse is expected to make its last start at Arlington. If the funds in the account fall below $3,500 at any time prior to the end of the race meet, the Club could be dissolved at that time. Any monies remaining in the account, after all financial obligations are met, will be returned to the members pro rata up to $500 per member (without interest).
Q: Who can I contact for more information about the Arlington Racing Club?
A: E-mail the Club’s Racing Manager at email@example.com.